Here is an adapation of several other patterns, to form an October Caddis Humpy (OC Humpy).
This takes a classic humpy pattern, adds a zelon egg sac/shuck like the X-Caddis, and a down wing with zelon underwing.
- Hook: TMC 100, size 10 or 8
- Tail/Shuck/Eggsac: Caddis Gold Zelon (don’t trim the “front end”)
- Body: Orange Thread
- Body: Deer hair, tied humpy style
- Underwing: Caddis Gold Zelon (the front end)
- Wing: Deer or Elk hair tied down wing (Trude) style
- Hackle: Brown, trimmed flush with hook gap